I am sorry to do this again gang, but studying for finals and finishing touches on studio projects had to be my focus this week. But I know some of you wanted to see Selkie bite the shirt thief, so I thought it would make a fun sketch idea.
I also like the occasional 4th-wall joke, so here is the process by which child actress Paula Winters prepares for a day on the set as Selkie Smith:
1. Paula arrives ready for a day on set!
2. Paula’s hair is tied back and her ears and nose stuck back with tape. A “Selkie-Blue” latex headwrap is placed on her head.
3. Makeup is applied to blend in the latex wrap.
4. A Latex Selkie Nose is applied with spirit gum, and more makeup is applied to blend.
5. Paula’s eyes are darkened with a water-soluble non-irritating coloring spray. Green cat’s-eye contacts are applied.
6. Tooth caps are applied to create Selkie’s fangs.
7. A Selkie Wig is chosen and attached with more spirit gum.
8. Paula Winters has been transformed into Selkie Smith!
Next time: Character actress Ellen Hopswith discusses the challenges of portraying Andi McClellan, Lillian Haversham-Zhang, and Barbara Fairweather.